[OM] Re: Film vs. Digital @ equivalent 9 x 6 print then cropped and enl

Subject: [OM] Re: Film vs. Digital @ equivalent 9 x 6 print then cropped and enlarged
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 07:45:13 -0700
I have been kind of surprised too and I don't know what is going on. My
astronomy club meeting is in an ampitheater type lecture hall seating
about a 1000 and with a projection booth in back. They frequently have
a Kodak Carousel showing slides while waiting to start and then they
use a GIANT Epson digital projector for the main presentation run off a
laptop. The digital is a little better. I have no ideal of the
resolution of the projector or the files on the laptop. I remember
saying a couple of years ago just the opposite. So progress seems to be
hurtling along.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA