[OM] Re: Digital vs. Film discussions REQUEST TO DSLR USERS

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital vs. Film discussions REQUEST TO DSLR USERS
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 08:27:46 +0100
Moose wrote:

<snip>

> All that said, I like playing with what my technological toys, both film
> and digital, hard and soft, can do. If you post a photo of something
> common that I might be able to find around here, I'll be happy to try
> out a similar shot and send it to you.

Thanks for all the very useful comments.

I'm not actually anti-digital at all (though I appreciate it may come across
that way), but I think what I'm struggling to get my head around is how on
earth a 2850x2238 image could survive being blown up to 24" by 18" when the
resulting resolution would be only 120 dpi.

I'd like to send you a 9 x 6 print so we can we can see how it fares compared
with a 9 x 6 (professionally printed) image from a digital camera. The downside
is that only the two of us will be able to see them, so everyone else will just
have to believe us!!

Regards,

Simon