[OM] Re: OM707 film advance

Subject: [OM] Re: OM707 film advance
From: "Ian Manners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 02:45:33 +1000 (EST)
Thanks for the info, and, true, dont know if I could be bother fixing it as
this one
didnt cost anything but I must admit I'm impressed by the autofocus, and the
excellent exposure. I still call my OM4Ti my user camera, even if I dont take
many photos laterly....

This is off the last roll I took, hmm, yes, that was in May :-(

http://www.comkal.net/photo/Buildings/melbourne2004.html

>It's been years since I bothered to try and work on one of these.  Ever
>since Olympus ran out of the battery cover parts for the Grip 300, it hasn't
>been worth the effort (good bodies with broken battery grips abound).
>
>I vaguely recall a problem of this sort but don't find any notes on it --
>sorry.  But because everything seems to work OK otherwise, I would suspect
>an IC failure of some sort, though you might check a couple of switches
>inside.  There is one inside the bottom cover that tells the camera that
>wind has been completed, near the rewind button as I recall.  And the switch
>that tells the camera that the aperture is fully open, next to the lens
>mount -- you'll have to remove the top cover and the front cover to get to
>it.  The film counter switch is operated by the little pin at the top of the
>sprocket, but you can't get to it without a great effort, also the mirror up
>switch.  If it's one of these, you're better off getting another body -- as
>noted, they're cheap!
>

>> Got myself an OM707 to add to my collection today, on testing it has one
>> problem.
>>
>> No film in the camera, display shows the nofilm which is good, put the
>> film in and it seems to do a film advance automatically everytime
>> the camera is turned off then back on again.

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Cheers
Ian Manners