[OM] Re: T32 flash troubles

Subject: [OM] Re: T32 flash troubles
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 20:54:26 -0700
If the light in the viewfinder isn't lighting either, it seems likely
that the problem isn't the bulb itself, but the circuit that drives it.

Another possibility: A partially charged unit will still flash, but not
at full power. It is possible that the main capacitor is failing, or the
charging circuit is weak and the circuit is correctly reporting failure
to reach a full charge. (Well, the light actually comes on at about 85%+
charge and another few seconds are needed for full charge.)

Others here know more about the inner workings of these things and will
likely weigh in with more info. I know there are lots of posts in the
archives on the subject.

Moose