[OM] Re: OM707 film advance

Subject: [OM] Re: OM707 film advance
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:53:31 -0500
It's been years since I bothered to try and work on one of these.  Ever
since Olympus ran out of the battery cover parts for the Grip 300, it hasn't
been worth the effort (good bodies with broken battery grips abound).

I vaguely recall a problem of this sort but don't find any notes on it --
sorry.  But because everything seems to work OK otherwise, I would suspect
an IC failure of some sort, though you might check a couple of switches
inside.  There is one inside the bottom cover that tells the camera that
wind has been completed, near the rewind button as I recall.  And the switch
that tells the camera that the aperture is fully open, next to the lens
mount -- you'll have to remove the top cover and the front cover to get to
it.  The film counter switch is operated by the little pin at the top of the
sprocket, but you can't get to it without a great effort, also the mirror up
switch.  If it's one of these, you're better off getting another body -- as
noted, they're cheap!