[OM] Re: Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: Selling out
From: "IanG" <I@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 19:47:37 +0100
Buy a Canon 1D MkII, it is a better all round camera than the 1Ds and,
anyway, the 1Ds MkII is due very soon. If you don't like the 1D MkII you'll
be able to sell with virtually no depreciation - same goes for the lenses.

Or buy an E-1 and if you don't like it and need to resell...........

My two pennies to the autofocus discussion; take a 1D MkII with macro lens,
place it in AI servo mode and follow a moving bee firing at 8.5fps. If you
can keep the centre spot on the bee the camera will keep focus.

Weight, to my mind, is an issue but the camera is well balanced and handles
very well.