[OM] Re: Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: Selling out
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:07:05 +0000
I just don't know.  I wish I had never been inflicted with thoughts of this.
I've gone through divorces with far less confusion and indecision and not
nearly as much separation anxiety!

But weight is not really a consideration.  I very seldom use an OM without
either a motor drive or a winder.  I bought into the system when the OM-4 came
out because of the multi-spot metering.  The dimunitive size was never really
important to me.  I still use, when I'm really serious about a subject or
scene, my ancient Graflex XLRFs, with those wonderful old Zeiss and Rodenstock
lenses, or my even more ancient 50-year-old Graflex Crowns and Centuries,
although with later-vintage Schneider APO Symmars, so the weight a bulk of the
big C*n*n doesn't really concern me.  I don't have weak wrists.

Choices, choices, choices.  If I had been born rich instead of incredibly
handsome and intelligent, these are the kinds of decision I wouldn't have to
make, because then I could have it ALL.

Could it be that I've been possessed by some evil demon?  Might I need an
exorcism?

Or has my head been turned because there's just been too much digital puffery
on the list lately?

Walt, about to have a more few beers, and then a contemplative lie-down

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

-------------- Original message from Skip Williams : --------------