[OM] Re: Thoughts on IS - and a Confession.

Subject: [OM] Re: Thoughts on IS - and a Confession.
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 09:00:43 -0400
At 01:19 AM 8/2/2004, you wrote:
><snip>
>I agree with all that. I just think it should be able to make up its
>mind about what choice it is going to make fairly promptly, so I can
>decide whether I agree or not. That is also handy when there isn't time
>for manual focus using those tiny, less that brilliant, little
>viewfinders that optical physics sticks us with on all these small
>sensor cameras.

That is why I asked if the E-1 you tried has the latest firmware.
Occasionally the E-1 hunts, but not too often. Seems like it
did it more early on, but I have not noticed it with the latest firmware.
Olympus doesn't really tell us all the features of the firmware
updates.

Those little optical viewfinders on P&S digitals are good for
panning with slow shutters though. Would an EVF blank out
during exposure like an SLR?

Wayne