[OM] Re: OMPC trouble

Subject: [OM] Re: OMPC trouble
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:08:03 -0400
Oily magnet would cause a long first exposure after the camera has sat for
awhile with the shutter cocked.  Common in OM-10 / G.  PC has other
problems, though oil can be one of them.  If shutter locks open and closes
immediately when you take the batteries out, then it's was the magnet doing
all the holding, not extra oil.   (IOW, if it was oil on the magnet, taking
the batteries out would not cause the shutter to close. )

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane,
Huntington, NY, 11743-4714,