[OM] Re: OMPC trouble

Subject: [OM] Re: OMPC trouble
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:52:34 -0700
I'm not sure it would be oily magnet disease. The symptoms aren't
certain. If removing the batteries always fixes it and nothing else ever
does, how could it be the problem of magnets sticking? Are you testing
it with film in the camera? Remember that the mirror will stay up for a
long time in P or A mode without film, or at least something light in
the film plane.

If it is sticky magnet disease, I know from personal experience with OMG
and OMPC that the post you quoted had it backwards. On those bodies, the
magnet that causes the trouble is right up front and quite easy to get
at to clean. I believe this location was part of the redesign of the
OM-10 at serial 2 million, moving magnet from back to front. In any
case, I just looked at an OMPC parts body and the magnet is in front and
quite accessible. I suppose one could even remove the little cover and
watch to see if the magnet is sticking, then give it a nudge to se if it
releases easily.

Moose