[OM] Re: Shift lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Shift lenses
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 22:50:51 +0100
What you are missing Walt, is that you needed to move the tripod when you
put the 35/2 on the OM-4, such that the centre of the frame is the same for
both exposures.  Otherwise you are not comparing like with like - that is
what I had in mind when I said "a fully shifted 35mm lens has the same
coverage **(parallel to the film plane) as a 24mm normal lens**".  If you
didn't move the tripod, you must have panned the camera round to compare the
fields of view.  It's a critical difference, which escaped me for a long
time.

Piers