[OM] Re: B & W Film recommendation

Subject: [OM] Re: B & W Film recommendation
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 14:28:15 -0700 (PDT)
> I were more scientific about it, I'd shoot a color card under
> mid-day
> direct daylight, measure densities, and compare them for the
> colors with
> each filter . . . but I'm not . . . I'd rather get a "feel"
> for it
> subjectively than generate yet another pile of numbers that
> don't relate
> easily to what I can expect when *looking* at a scene I want
> to photograph.

Yikes!  Posts about photography!  What is this list coming too?

I agree with John L. about the spectral response.  Hence my
preference for Ilford Delta 400.  It has a much longer red
response than any other comparable film.  The net effect is that
caucasion skin tones lift about 1/2 zone.  It's a look I like.
Brings the subject out from the background.

Other films have different blue and green responses which give
different looks to vegetation.  I prefer the look of PanF+ for
nature photography.

AG

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo