[OM] San Francisco and environs

Subject: [OM] San Francisco and environs
From: "Michael R. Collins" <michael789@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:32:30 -0400
Going to be in San Francisco next week (more precisely June 23rd
through July 5th), my annual attendance at the Apple developer
conference (WWDC), know the place moderately well, but still asking
for some advice:

1. Recommended place(s) to replenish my stock of Delta 100/400 if
necessary [I'm staying in the Union Square area].

2. Interesting events - outside my own back yard :-) - other than the
Pride parade and Fourth of July events.

3. Any interest in a small Zuikoholics gathering (i.e., greater than
one), in San Francisco or Bezerkeley or wherever? I have all of the
Thursday, Friday, both Saturdays, and the Fourth open. Willing to put
aside curmudgeon-wannabe status briefly...

ObOM: only OM equipment (Olympus and third-party) will be used.

Michael

P.S. Vignette from last year: OM-1 hanging from my shoulder, got some
cash from an ATM at Market & Powell, ATM user next to me glances over
and says, "Is that an OM-4?", turns out he used to be an OM-4
owner/user, we chat about photography in general, he tells me about
his interest in Salgado's work [hadn't heard of him at this point, I
must lead a relatively sheltered life], recommends I seek out a
Salgado exhibition somewhere someday...

--
Michael R. Collins  ...  Michael.Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toronto, Ontario, Canada