[OM] Re: Digital sharpening.

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital sharpening.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 19:46:14 -0700
For PS, I really like the latest incarnation of Fred Miranda's
Intellisharpen Pro. When I went review browsing, it scored about as high
as anything and is really a bargain price
<http://www.fredmiranda.com/software/>. Since different images respond
differently to sharpening, I use the option of adding a sharpening
layer. After sharpening, I can adjust the layer opacity and watch the
sharpening effect change as I move the slider. With most images, I find
that there is a point where things are sharper and nothing looks weird
which is different for different images. I don't know how other
sharpeners operate, but I really like this quick, easy, visual way of
getting just the right amount of sharpening.

Moose