[OM] Re: Great Sand Dunes National Monument (soon to be Park)?

Subject: [OM] Re: Great Sand Dunes National Monument (soon to be Park)?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:45:38 -0700 (PDT)
> Actually, I've never really photographed it all that much.
> And I'm not talking about just taking pretty posey pictures
> either.  It's amazing what you can find when you get right
> down on the ground and look.  There are some strange things
> out there, and a lot of them are looking back.

And this plays into my point about photographing
well-photographed locations.  Sure, I'll take the standard AA
picture (even the AAA pictures too), but what generally happens
for me is that I'm able to take pictures of a whole lot of other
things that wouldn't be possible elsewhere due to powerlines,
accessability and security.  Rarely do I have some yoyo with a
shotgun threatening me or his pea-brained dingo taking hunks out
of my flesh in a national park.  Even down in your neck of the
woods there are many hazards that are unique to your local.
Like boobytrapped footpaths.

So therefore, these locations don't necessarily grant unique
views of over-photographed scenes, but they do grant ACCESS to
areas that usually are a bit less "man-made".

AG-Schnozz

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail