[OM] Re: Photo projects, was Great Sand Dunes National Monument

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo projects, was Great Sand Dunes National Monument
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:40:19 -0700
Working on the caption text, I notice that 3 of the lenses used have
recently changed list member homes.

The 1st 4 frames, 2 gallery entries, were taken with the 200/5 that
recently moved from Bill Barber's Texas home to mine in Calif. Pretty
sharp detail in that bird for hand held wide open.

The pansies and the compost bag were taken with the Tamron 350/5.6 that
moved to Mike's place in Washington right after the shots were taken.
Even though I'd barely used it in the couple of years I'd had it, I
couldn't resist using it one last time before it flew away. So I took
one with complex detail and lots of depth and one of a simple, flat
subject. Other than a couple of doubled long skinny leaves, the so often
troublesome mirror bokeh doesn't really show up much.

All the shots from the red hot pokers to the end were taken with the
90/2 that just came to me from Tom in Penn. It is, as so many have said,
really a nice lens.

Thanks Bill and Tom and have fun with the new toy, Mike.

Moose