[OM] Re: A question about color resolution and film vs. digital

Subject: [OM] Re: A question about color resolution and film vs. digital
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:10:38 -0700
Hard to say I would think. The eye and the mind might register the
difference. Whether the eye could tell if the film rendition changed
has as much to say about the eye looking at the film image as the film
image.  How do you tell if the film renders it differently except by
looking. And for digital many of us could measure differences in RGB
balance in two digital images of the green block in Photoshop that the
eye cannot detect, or maybe it is the monitor. An experiment would have
to be designed cleverly.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA