[OM] Re: A question about color resolution and film vs. digital

Subject: [OM] Re: A question about color resolution and film vs. digital
From: Bob_Benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:05:43 -0500
Thanks for Walt's and Winsor's responses.

I think I'm asking a different question than the dynamic range of film ...
which I take to mean the range from dark to light.
What I'm asking is this:

If you have two identical figures (say blocks of wood) that are absolutely
identical in color (say, green).
If you changed the color very slightly of one of them ... and you want the
media (eye, film, digital sensor) to
recognize the difference ..

Do you have to change the color more or less for an eye, or film, or the
digital sensor,  to register that the second block is in fact a different
color than the first one?   That is,  does the minimum amount of color
change for the second block have to be more or less for digital compared
to film, in order to record a difference in the color?

BB

hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Sent by: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx
06/10/2004 02:43 PM