[OM] Re: Cold, wet and muddy and broke.

Subject: [OM] Re: Cold, wet and muddy and broke.
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 22:36:51 -0400
I hope every one know I was being facetious about the lens for
shooting "weather" tornados.

Most of my family lives near Kansas City. Seems there have been
more tornados this year than ever, (not counting the Gary Edwards
type of tornado). And yes, a 400mm is what I would use. My
dad was saying there was a mile wide one just recently. wow.

At 12:16 PM 6/8/2004, you wrote:
>Smelly?  That's strange.  Sometimes, it does have a slight odor,
>but nothing offensive. The color comes from the cedar bogs.
>That's why the Taq. Falls are tinted.  Nothing harmfull, just
>looks like tea.  Color density is fully dependant upon
>rain/snow/drought patterns. I've never seen the water the same
>way twice.  Maybe one of these days I'll post pictures of the
>Taq. Falls from several visits.

Yeah, smelly, like fresh from the septic tank smelly. This was
in Paradise MI. I was worried the stores were going to run
out of bottled water. Now the water in Tahquamenon Falls
was not smelly, but the town water supply, whew. I took
showers with my nose closed. I used bottled water just to
brush my teeth.

The weather this year is really strange. Tomorrow it is suppose
to be 93 F here in Massachusetts, and the following day a high
only 69 F.

Wayne