[OM] I need some help (or at least some advice) on an old Tamron lens

Subject: [OM] I need some help (or at least some advice) on an old Tamron lens
From: Craig Cunningham <craig.cunningham@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 21:54:57 -0500
I recently finished another transaction on E*ay, and now I'm a frustrated
owner of a lens that although optically great, is not mountable to my OM-2N.

I purchased a Tamron 200-500 f/6.9 zoom, and while technically the
advertisement didn't say Adaptall, it did say that the current mount is a M42
screw mount, and there were other interchangeable lens mounts available
elsewhere.

Turns out my lens has what I believe to be a very early Tamron mount -- I'm
pretty sure it's an Adaptamatic. There's a single pin to actuate the stop down
mechanism, and by the looks of it, the button to unlock the mount it missing.

There are 9 aperture leaves, and from what I've read on the following page
http://medfmt.8k.com/third/mounts.html , I'm relatively sure that the
Adaptamatic is what I've got. If anyone wants to see a photo of it, I can post
one online. There's no actual identifier on the lens mount other than, "tamron
MADE IN JAPAN  FOR PENTAX   USA PAT NO 3500735".

The lens is perfectly fine otherwise, but what I'm wondering is if anyone has
an old Tamron lens with an Olympus Adaptamic mount that they would like to
sell, or if not, does anyone know where I can get one of these mounts?

I've scoured Eb*y, and haven't found any at all. So far, my efforts at finding
one via Google hasn't yielded anything either. I also checked around to find a
M42 screw mt -> Oly OM adapter, but B&H shows them on backorder without a
projected restock date, and Adorama and the rest don't show an screw mt. to
Oly adapter.

Any other suggestions on how I can get this lens working on my OM-2N or my
OM-1N would be much appreciated.

At last resort, I can pick up an old manual SLR with the M42 thread mount, but
I'd really rather not invest in a camera body that isn't an OM and that I'll
only use once in a great while.

Thanks,

 - Craig