[OM] Re: Tamron lens (was Re: Stop the insanity! )

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron lens (was Re: Stop the insanity! )
From: Graham Battison <geebeephoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:35:35 +0200 (CEST)
>From : "Walt Wayman"

And now, having grown up with a grandfather in the hardware business, a
hardware/stove pipe story:

Man goes into a hardware store and asks for half a piece of stove pipe.

Sam, the counter man, goes to the back of the store, where Virgil, the
handyman, cuts and sharpens and fixes stuff. Not realizing the customer has
followed him, Sam says to Virgil, "There's some dumb son of a bitch up front
who wants a half piece of stove pipe."

Then, suddenly becoming aware that the customer has followed him to the back
and is standing just behind him, he continues, without barely a pause, "And
this gentleman here would like the other half."

Walt
the longer version continues after the customer has gone:

Virgil : that was really quick thinking. I'm impressed. I am going to open my
own store in Canada and I could use someone as quick witted as yourself. How
would you like to be my business partner?

Sam: I'd love the business opportunity but Canada? It' all whores and ice
hockey.

Virgil: My wife is Canadian

Sam: Oh really? What team does she play for?

--Graham

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/