[OM] Re: Tamron lens (was Re: Stop the insanity! )

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron lens (was Re: Stop the insanity! )
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:46:23 -0700
Two problems with the generality:

There was major development of glass, coatings, materials and computer
optical design capaiblity over the period of design and manufacure of MF
zooms. Later ones often featured lighter weight and/or longer zoom range
together with better optical performance.

The SP 60-300 has an established reputation as an excellent lens. I've
never seen either of the 75-250 models, but I can confirm that the
60-300 is great. Although I posted this for another purpose, it does
show how the 60-300 performs wide open at 300mm
<http://www.geocities.com/dreammoose/TechMisc/index.htm>. The blow up
sample is equivalent to 20x30" when viewed on my 19" monitor.

Moose