[OM] Re: Shoe 4 - Also the Pen FT eyepiece

Subject: [OM] Re: Shoe 4 - Also the Pen FT eyepiece
From: "Dado dela Cruz" <dado@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:37:18 +0800
Aside from the good optics, I like Olympus cameras because they are durable
(in general). The only part, however, that is weak in most Olympus SLR's is
the plastic hot shoe.

I also have a pair of Pen FT's with chipped (also plastic) eyepiece which
part is being used for mounting flash. Most of the Pen FT's sold in eBay
have also damaged eyepiece parts.

If the designer have learned from the lesson in the Pen F, the OM1 and OM2
could have sported a better or more durable hot shoe. .