[OM] Re: Vibration reduction, was Manual or Auto focus scan?

Subject: [OM] Re: Vibration reduction, was Manual or Auto focus scan?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 11:18:50 +0100
Thanks Winsor.  I have used foam rubber from one of the (many) boxes of
camera equipment that I have received... ;-).  The scanner now sits
about 2 inches higher; as a bonus it means that the slide holder
remains clear of the slide boxes that somehow become scattered around
the front of the scanner.

Chris

On 30 May 2004, at 07:20, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> Those green synthetic rubbery shoe inserts for people with sore feet
> are made of sorbothane. I have been playing with this vibration stuff
> for a long time, at least since typewriters and ancient computers that
> transmitted their irritating noise to the sounding board they were
> sitting on. Felt things work best. A small piece of that felted
> indoor/outdoor carpet works great to dampen noise and vibration or even
> the fibrous kind of heavy carpet padding. Cheap too.
>

> Winsor
> Long Beach, California
> USA
> On May 29, 2004, at 11:07 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
>
>>  I am
>> not at all sure what Sorbothane is...

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker