[OM] Re: scanning print negatives and scanner exposure inconsistencies

Subject: [OM] Re: scanning print negatives and scanner exposure inconsistencies
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 06:19:48 +0100
James

I echo the advice that you have already been given; scantips helped me
and Vuescan is what I use most of the time now.  I find the Minolta
software confusing to use, especially as it seems continually to revert
to an option that I don't want.

There are many options in Vuescan, but if you read the User manual you
will find out the easiest way to start.  You might find that you have
missed a setting in 'Colour' or 'Filter' which means that you are not
getting Vuescan to do the work for you.  The default settings are
pretty good, and the film options mean that you get the best options
for each sort of film.  Negative or slide, Vuescan should do the
business.

Finally, remember that "all will be well, and all will be well ..." ;-)

Chris

On 25 May 2004, at 11:18, jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi sorry yet more questions from me. I decided to buy a relativly cheap
> scanner. Minolta Dimage IV (3200dpi) on the principle I could not
> justify
> the cost of a 5400dpi film scanner. the aim was to scan some hundreds
> of
> print film negatives with as accurate and repeatable results as
> possible
> with minimum fuss.

snip
> Yours confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!