[OM] Re: scanning print negatives and scanner exposure inconsistencies

Subject: [OM] Re: scanning print negatives and scanner exposure inconsistencies
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 22:55:59 +0100 (BST)
James, Recently followed your route, using the same logic and same scanner.
 Also use colour print film for casual use, but mainly B+W.
 Set up the scanner about 3 weeks ago, and played around with a few old slides.
Doesn't really count as I was after posterisation and graphical images NOT
realism.
 Once I found out scanner "worked" I promptly left it due to pressure of work.
Want to get to grips with it over the next few weeks so I am very interested to
know how you get on....
I intend using an Epson 1160 and Lyson B+W inks.
                        Regards, John Duggan, Wales, UK.
jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi sorry yet more questions from me. I decided to buy a relativly cheap
scanner. Minolta Dimage IV (3200dpi) on the principle I could not justify
the cost of a 5400dpi film scanner. the aim was to scan some hundreds of
print film negatives with as accurate and repeatable results as possible
with minimum fuss.

Regards
  John Duggan,
     Wales, UK

  Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today!
Download Messenger Now