[OM] Re: which connection to fire a motor or winder by mean of the littl

Subject: [OM] Re: which connection to fire a motor or winder by mean of the little jack and a wire?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:35:22 +0100
If you are using anything but the very first MD-1, Yves, you need a 3.5mm
jack plug fitted to "nearly 30 feet" of two-core insulated wire.  If you
want a fully-engineered result, have a push-to-make button on the other end
of the cable.  I think you can guess the rest - insert the plug into the
socket on the MD or Winder, and press the button to fire the shutter.  Make
sure that the MD or Winder is turned on (to Single or sequence as you wish)
and make sure also that the MD has a power source (M15V or M18V) attached,
and unlocked.

An alternative if you have a MD (of any type) would be to use the 10 meter
relay cord between the MD and the power source - simply take the power
source with you to the place nearly 30 feet away.

Piers