[OM] Re: which connection to fire a motor or winder by mean of the littl

Subject: [OM] Re: which connection to fire a motor or winder by mean of the little jack and a wire?
From: Ian Nichols <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 10:08:22 +0100

--On 20 May 2004 19:46 +0200 yves barbaroux <ybarbaroux@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> thanks for the answer but i cannot guess which connection to make with
> the wire .Is it just a short circuit ?

That's right.  You just connect wires to the two plug contacts, and connect
them together (a pushbutton type switch is ideal for this) to fire the
winder - The contacts are internally connected in parallel with the
winder's own pushbutton "fire" switch.

I've used this feature to fire two cameras simultaneously for stereo
photography - I made a lead with 2.5mm jacks on each end and used it to
connect a pair of winder 2s (with cameras mounted, obviously).  Fire one
winder and the other fires simultaneously.