[OM] Re: Some more E-1, 10D and Zuiko Digital Comparison

Subject: [OM] Re: Some more E-1, 10D and Zuiko Digital Comparison
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 06:31:58 -0400
CH said:
Ok, here it goes, Zuiko 18/3.5 vs Digital Zoom (auto level in software):

<http://www.accura.com.hk/Z1454_18_56.jpg>

<http://www.accura.com.hk/O18_56.jpg>

The Zoom did perform a little better.

Well, maybe in the center (by a little bit) but check the lower right
hand corner in the vicinity of the clothes and blankets hanging out to
dry.  These are much better resolved by the OM 18/3.5.  This is extreme
edge performance for the Digital Zoom but still pretty much in the
center for the 18/3.5's designed coverage angle.

I will be interested to try my Tokina 17mm RMC.  The RMC line is not
Tokina's best but it may perform very well on the limited angle of view
of a 4/3 or even larger digital sensor.

Chuck Norcutt