[OM] Re: Some more E-1, 10D and Zuiko Digital Comparison

Subject: [OM] Re: Some more E-1, 10D and Zuiko Digital Comparison
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 03:31:12 EDT
You guys actually falling for that company line? C'mon, these and everyone
else's test shots disprove what Olympus has been saying. That you need a lens
line developed specifically for digital to achieve satisfactory results. And I
don't see where they're claiming that only for the wide angles. We all know
they couldn't market the E-1 and explain how a line of lenses from the 70's
could
perform well with their new digital. If they acknowledged that fact, they'd
be forced to bring the Zuikos back into production. And if they were even able
to do so, how could they explain that they tripled or quadrupled the list
prices from the prior (1990s) selling prices? No, I think they'd rather sell
$800
"digital" Zuikos and the "digital" 300mm 2.8 for $6,500!

George S.