[OM] Re: An out-of-date comment on Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: An out-of-date comment on Digital
From: edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 22:02:12 -0400
I would really, really, REALLY have to see final prints of all the digital
manipulation to conclude that "it" is "just like" the various film emulsions.
There are ALWAYS trade-offs, some of which are not measurable.  Not to say
that some trade-offs are not more than acceptable for a specific application.
But this all reminds me of the 1982(?) introduction of the CD:  "Perfect
sound forever!"

How many improvements to 16/44.1 CD players have there been?  And what is the
current CD standard for "perfect sound"?

Earl