[OM] strange package in mail

Subject: [OM] strange package in mail
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:01:29 -0300
I received a strange package in the mail today, something from someone in
the US, I believe. It was from someone named B?? Harrison, if I remember
correctly. It contained $200 worth of photographic goods, plus $50 worth of
gifts according to the green customs slip on the package. Since it came with
a customs charge of about $47 cdn., and since I cannot recall ordering
anything or paying for anything of that value from anyone, I just had the
Post Office return it, without opening it of course. Anyways, I was
wondering if anyone here might have sent something to me by mistake.

On the news yesterday, someone in Canada had received a handgun from a US
ebay seller, by mistake, obviously a mix-up in addresses. It apparently
cleared Canada customs without them realizing what it contained. Of course
with the ridiculous gun laws and restrictions we have here now, it made for
quite the news item. You'd think someone had received a bommb in the mail or
something, by the fuss the media made of it.

Wayne