[OM] Re: Really stupid question .........

Subject: [OM] Re: Really stupid question .........
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 18:57:29 +0100

"Alex Drotschmann" <distinctivedeal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
was written successfully
> I think this may be a really stupid question, but is there a certain way
 to hold the camera when taking upright shots? Do you turn it to the left or
 to the right? Is there are reason to turn it any certain way. I believe
 with viewfinder cameras you always want to hold them in a way that the
 viewfinder is on top (above the lens) when taking upright shots.

Depending on the camera.

With an OM, I turn it clockwise and trip the shutter with my thumb. This
 permits me to keep the elbows tight to the body and, therefore, stable in
 any position.

With my Pentax MZ-S, I turn it counter-clockwise, and marvel at the fact
 that it has a vertical-grip with the same ergonomics and controls as I do
 when the camera is horizontal.