[OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?

Subject: [OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:24:04 -0700
on 4/29/04 6:04 AM, Timpe, Jim at Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I think everyone sort of glossed over the fact that George got a WHALE OF A
> FANG.  Congratulations, George.  What a buy.

Yes, and he's indicated that he'll probably resell the OM-2s and zoom lens.
Given normal recovery there he'll have about $100 in the 40/2.0. I have to
agree with the sentiment several here have expressed -- that the lens, while
useful, is 'highly valued' at the current prices. Were I to have ~$600 to
spend on another Zuiko I'd be looking in other directions first... On the
other hand, if I could get one for $100, I'd be on it instantly.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...