[OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?

Subject: [OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:23:34 +0100

"Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
was written successfully
> The price of an item is solely based on the price someone is willing to
 pay
> for it :-)
>
> It is one of my favorite Zuiko unless I need to rely on its F2
 performance.

I have a Pentax 43/1.9 limited lens. The 40mm-ish focal length is definitely
 a nice one, and the pentax does quite well even wide open - but I've never
 tried to compare the 43mm with the Zuiko pancake.

Fast glass rocks -- favourite Zuiko: 55/1.2

> It is not bad, mind you, just not stellar, vis-a-vis the Leica lens.
> Actually, for that matter, I know of no Zuiko that can compete at F2 with
> the best Leica glass :-(

I'm not enough of a photographer to profit from the insane prices of the
 Leica glass anyways. My zuikos are capable of making much better pictures
 than what I will be able to use them to take ever, so any comparison with
 Leica or any other brand of glass is mostly moot for me.

--thomas