[OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?

Subject: [OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:14:44 EDT
Thank you very much, Jim.  When I saw Alex's message I thought, heck, I'll
take a looksee at what we all missed, worried that i was going to find another
hairy guy in a wedding dress or something...I was surprised to see there still
was 1 minute and 30 seconds left to the auction and I had to think what I
wanted to bid, yada, yada, yada, and then I had trouble getting my bid to go
through, (wonderful AOL, I'm sure) and by the time it did go through and my
page
refreshed, there was only 14 seconds left! I still thought someone was going to
win with a snipe of like $800. Those 14 seconds were T O R T U R E . I was
SHOCKED to see no snipes were bid, and I actually got it for that price. The
other two items in the auction aren't too shabby either!
I've been having good luck like this for about the past week, it's been
nothing but good news coming my way. I gotta remember to keep playing the
lottery.....then it'll be a round of 40s for everybody!

Best,
George