[OM] Cult lenses, was: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?

Subject: [OM] Cult lenses, was: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?
From: "iwert" <iwert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:23:08 +0200
> In a message dated 4/28/04 11:16:49 PM Central Standard Time,
> gordross writes:
>
> << Not to cast any doubt on our mutual Zuikoholism or anything. . . but
>  > this does make me wonder whether there are some other "cult" Zuikos
>  > that fetch high prices which may be less than totally justified. The
>  > 180/2.8? 100/2? Comments anyone?
>  >
>  >   -- Ross >>

Personally I would call the 100f2 a cult lens, and it deserves to be. I
think it is even a bit underrated. It is a very fine piece of glass, even
has ED glass as I recall correctly, is sharp, has a wonderfull bouquet, is
"cheap" (yes, I consider 450 - 550 cheap for this class of lens) and couples
very nice with my newly acquired vivitar 1.5x Teleconverter to a  150 f3.
(and I'ld love to see its results as a 200f "2.8" with the E1). I personally
like it much more than the 90f2 I had, because the 100 handles better and
balances very well on the body, the 90f2 always tends to "flip over".

I also like the 40f2 very much, I have made some wonderfull images with it,
and it was love at first sight! I use it with pleasure and mine is real
sharp at f4 -5.6.

Iwert.