[OM] Re: OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:09:59 +0100
I agree with all you say Bill, and (as Chris may recall) it was a hard
choice giving up the 2S I had, because it gives most of the advantage of the
4T (and pretty much all of the advantage of the 4) in a slightly
simpler-to-use-format.  Granted, it can't do the high speed flash sync of
the 3T/4T, but it is a feature which seems to get little use here, at least
- but it can do TTL flash.  So the downside to the 2S and the 4 is that when
they are broke, they are done for.
I don't know where the 'impression' that everyone uses 3/4 bodies comes
from, as I know I am not alone here in rating the OM-PC/40 highly, (with the
same caveat regarding repairability, though generally at much lower price).
But I also rate the 1, 1n, 2, 3 and 4T which I use, each with particular
advantages.

Piers