[OM] Re: justification for keeping auto tubes ?

Subject: [OM] Re: justification for keeping auto tubes ?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 23:28:41 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/2004 2:46:21 PM Central Standard Time,
adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Also if you've got a long telephoto the deepest (mine is a 36mm 'super
paragon') is also handy as the close focus is usually limited. I haven't tried
using
the 65-116 for this as my guess is it'll be too unwieldy

I took the 400mm f4 Tamron out this morning to finish off a roll of film
started earlier in the week. Did some selective focus on a patch of wildflowers
few mintures from the house. Ended up using the full stack of tubes on a
couple of shots.  I can't imagine not having the set in my usual kit.  I've
done
some really nice work with the 100mm f 2.8 & the 25mm tube on insects and stuff
like that.  Bill Barber