[OM] Re: Developer preservation, Was: Darkroom - Getting the paper to tu

Subject: [OM] Re: Developer preservation, Was: Darkroom - Getting the paper to turn black
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 12:50:18 -0700 (PDT)
> But now
> Schnozz has me going for the DD-X (which I've purchased), THEN
> he pointed me
> to Fineart and its film developer and the proprietor's commens
> on the evils
> of DD-X, so I'm now thoroughly flustered <g>.

Grain o salt.  The new soup might be "better" in some fashions,
but I'm in no hurry to change.  I'll give the new stuff two
iterations before spending the effort to recalibrate all of my
processes.

There's still too many unknowns about this new chemistry.  Every
developer has strengths and weaknesses. It's picking which
strengths you want to maximize and which weaknesses you can live
with.  I find that DD-X (which was his favorite until the winter
doldrums set in), is an exceptional film developer and does
almost everything very well.  Are there better developers?
Maybe, but we're talking about nuances.  Water PH can cause a
bigger difference.

Besides, I happen to like the look that D400/DD-X gives me.

AG