[OM] Re: Stylus cameras and "exposure compensation"

Subject: [OM] Re: Stylus cameras and "exposure compensation"
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:44:54 -0500
Yeah, it gives me a sinking feeling that possibly the zoom series Stylus
cameras don't get better after the Stylus Epic zoom 70.  On the other
hand, the 80 has a red-eye reduction feature not only for normal
situations but also for the night background setting, which is a fairly
limited use kind of thing that built on the previous camera's feature.
And the 80 perhaps improves things by dissociating the focus and
exposure controls that are linked up in the 70's spot mode, albeit by
substituting an unalterable +1.5 exp comp setting for what seems like a
more subtle control of exposure by the 70.  But who knows?  maybe it's
better on the 80.  We'll have to see how the slides turn out.

Joel W.