[OM] Re: Stylus cameras and "exposure compensation"

Subject: [OM] Re: Stylus cameras and "exposure compensation"
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:55:36 EDT
Joel,

       I think you are correct, and it may be both reasons as to why. I feel
that generally, Olympus is prone to giving their consumer cameras "too many"
features. I think the engineers at Olympus are genuinely photographers, such as
we are here on this list, and interested in building the best possible
product, ....but the general public who buys and/or is the main user of the
Stylus
line may not be. Look at how many of us here have bought a Stylus or two (or
three!) <g>, for our wives, daughters, grandmothers, etc; people who are NOT
camera gear-heads. It's this level of shooter that's using them, and,
generally,
I believe they are not that interested in learning when it's beneficial to
engage a spot meter, nor do they even understand what a spot meter does. Same
goes for chrome film. Ask them what chrome is, and they'll likely state "That's
what my 1970 Cadillac had lots of." These users just want to pick the camera up
and get that shot of junior blowing out his birthday candles. They don't want
to think about spot meters or the guide number of the flash, they just want
to get the shot and get back to serving cake and ice cream.

George S.