[OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:28:45 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Daniel Tan wrote:

> Is there any reason why they only supply 110VAC?

Probably historical.  Every home is wired for 220V and most of the high
power items such as heaters, central air conditioners, stoves, well pumps,
etc. all run off of 220V.  It's only the household items that use 110V.
It's easy to wire in a foreign style 220V socket if you need to run a 220V
appliance.  I did exactly that in our kitchen so that we could continue to
use our European kitchen appliances when we moved here.
                                -mark