[OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:35:28 -0700 (PDT)
> Walt - I think the problem  is in the electrons. In the USA,
> the + electrons
> go down the right side of the wire, whereas in the UK they go
> down the left
> side of the wire.

This explanation is a little too close to reality.  In "typical"
DC electronics the red wire is positive voltage and the black
wire is common.  In the telecom industry the red wire is MINUS
48 volts!

Yes, I learned the hard way.  You'd think that a $30,000 device
would have protection diodes or something.

AG-the smoke escaped-Schnozz