[OM] Re: Power Grip 2 - Flash Attachments

Subject: [OM] Re: Power Grip 2 - Flash Attachments
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 10:42:31 -0700
on 4/8/04 7:40 AM, Joseph Ascione at jascione@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> When using the T-32 or T-20 with Power Grip 2 and Motor Winder should
> one connect both the connector attached to the Power Grip to the area
> that is about 4 o'clock on the lens mount and a TTL connector to the
> camera (at about 1 o'clock on the face of the camera) and the flash?
> Finally, also attaching the connection between the winder and the Power
> Grip 2. Is there an order to do this? I seem to get the flash to  shoot
> in my face when I am inserting plugs into the power grip. Regards,Joe

Joe, you only need one or the other. If you use the PC cord on the bottom of
the Power Grip you will only get a manual flash, no TTL auto exposure. If
the -flash- is set for stand-alone auto operation you will get an auto flash
exposure, but not TTL. Otherwise you will have to use guide numbers and
figure the aperture that way. The camera body will have to be set to 1/60 or
slower shutter speed, or the pictures will not come out right.

If you use a TTL cord and plug into the connector on the Power Grip
(actually called a 'Bounce Grip') and into the TTL connector on the camera
you will get TTL flash, so long as the camera and flash are set correctly.
For the camera body, set to 'auto' exposure. For the flash, set to 'TTL
auto', by flipping the calculator slide over so the numbers are not showing.
Again, you have to set an aperture such that the camera will produce an
'auto' shutter speed below 1/60 second, or the flash will not fire as the
camera will assume there is enough light without it.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...