[OM] Re: Processor advice for handling OM images

Subject: [OM] Re: Processor advice for handling OM images
From: Gary Edwards <zuikowarriors@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 19:17:39 -0700 (PDT)
I really think there is something wrong in my Windows setup, or something.
Just writing file lists takes too long.  I've reloaded the OS, but no
improvement.  Guess I need to find a Win guru to find what BillGates and his
boys have saddled me with.

Gary

Daniel Tan <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Intel's high end Pentium 4 cpus appear to number crunch slightly faster
than AMD cpus (not including their 64-bit server cpus), but far too much
of the performance depends on the application being run. The Intel
technology seems to lean more towards the precision side of things,
while AMD's processors nifty tricks to increase performance. Intel
appears to be faster for applications; AMD for games. Historically,
Adobe applications work better with intel processors, but the difference
is minor. I would guess that Adobe optimized their software for Intel's
proprietary technology (ie, SSE2, etc etc)(Had an agreement maybe?) and
not for AMD's technology.

Daniel Tan