[OM] Re: Processor advice for handling OM images

Subject: [OM] Re: Processor advice for handling OM images
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 20:59:30 -0400
A number of years ago AMD processors were on a par with Intel with
respect to integer performance.  However, they always lagged a bit on
floating point operations.  I don't think that's true anymore and the
latest AMD 64-bit processors have the potential for eating Intel's
lunch... although for their architecture rather than performance.

I haven't owned an Intel processor since the 286.  My AMD's run just fine.

ps:  I'm still at 1.3GHz.  When it comes to CPU's and most other techie
things I try to stay away from the bleeding edge.

Chuck Norcutt