[OM] Re: Why E1 over others?

Subject: [OM] Re: Why E1 over others?
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:57:13 -0500
What do you mean "live histogram".  With the E-1, it's two button-presses away.
 Yes, I wish that the histogram could be set to come up automatically, but
until they do a firmware change, it's actually very easy.  I don't think that
you have any hope of a swinging-mirror DSLR providing in-finder histograms for
the next few years, if at all.  More likely will be some maker offering a DSLR
with an ELVF.

I'd expect to see the larger 4/3 sensor in the next 12-18 months.  Longer will
be deadly.

I'd also expect to see in-body IS in the same timeframe.  Konica-Minolta has
announced that their DSLR will offer in-body IS.

Skip