[OM] Re: Why E1 over others?

Subject: [OM] Re: Why E1 over others?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:10:15 +0100

"Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
was written successfully
> At 09:14 AM 3/29/2004 -0500, Skip Williams wrote:
>
> >Make sure your autofocus evaluation is even-steven, as I haven't heard
> >that the Pentax is any better than the E-1.
>
> I was really weird, actually. In the instance where the Pentax does
 better,
> there is a Fuji Pictrography machine closer to us, occupying the bottom
> half of the frame. The thing we want to test focus on is a person beyond
> that. The Pentax is the only machine that locks on easily. Sometimes the
> E-1 hunts a bit for that. I even tried titling the camera so the person in

> the far end is in the dead center but it didn't help the E-1. I guess I
> should have found the spot-focus button or something.
>
> Right now, the E-1 is my sentimental favorite and my wife knows it. If the

> *ist D doesn't fit so nice in the hands, then it's a no brainer.

To me, the *istD fits my hands better than the E1, and it will be to Pentax
 I'll turn when getting a DSLR for exactly the reason of ergonomics!

Besides, IS-lenses are on the Pentax AF roadmap, as far as I
 understand....making it even more interresting.   And finally, thr *istD
 allows me to use my existing KAF mount lenses (and K and even M) directly.
 Now, that's catering to loyal customers...