[OM] Re: 18/3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: 18/3.5
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:51:51 -0800
on 3/25/04 7:08 PM, Rob Harrison at robhar@xxxxxx wrote:

> OK, so this lens. I want one. Is the 72mm filter adapter an Olympus
> product specifically for this lens, or will any ol' 49-72 step up ring
> do?
>
> Anyone have one they'd like to sell?
>
> -Rob Harrison
> Seattle

Rob - A great lens... I think the Olympus 49-72 is about the same as any
aftermarket one-step 49-72, but I'm not sure if there are any. If you had to
go (for instance) 49-62 and then 62-72 you'd probably want to check very
closely for vignetting. The Olympus step-up ring functions as the lens hood
as well, and when you put it on and then look at the front element sideways
you get your first understanding of just how wide the view angle really is.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...